The reason I started my blog was to scrapbook things I love and being able to share those things with my friends and family (whose newsfeeds I bombard with links to this site).
But what I love even more is hearing from followers I don’t know personally. It feels like getting a comment in your yearbook from someone you didn’t know as well- it has a whole different meaning.
I recently got a nomination from Preconcept (a blog with GREAT travel photos) for the Liebster Blog Award. Here are the rules taken from Preconcept’s post:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Thanks again for the nom, Preconcept! Here we go!
11 Random Facts
- I’m 1/2 Sicilian, 1/4 German, 1/8 Irish and 1/8 Portuguese.
- I’m super afraid of anything really big/ really small (eg. heights; the whale at the Museum of Natural History in NYC; bugs)
- I have an unhealthy number of episode of Sex and the City on my computer.
- My biggest pet peeves are bad grammar, small noises (like people clicking their gum or flicking their fingernails), and rudeness.
- I’m a neat-freak.
- I am the youngest of 4 siblings, and we all are about 2 years apart. My whole family is extremely close.
- I spent the first grade in San Francisco and dream of moving back one day.
- I was Pippin in my all-girls school production of Pippin. The one time I had a lead in the play, I got sick for all of the performances.
- I got a 5 on my AP Photo exam. But I’m pretty convinced the Canon Rebel I used did most of the work for me.
- I hate everything about mayonnaise- the taste, the sound, everything.
- When I grow up, I want to be my mom (who’s even more fabulous than Jackie O).
Preconcept’s questions for me:
1. If you had to choose 3 countries where you see yourself living what would they be?
-US, France, Italy
2. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
-COFFEE! I’ve been drinking it every morning since I turned 16.
3. What’s your favourite song when you’re travelling?
-Depends on where I’m going! Volare/Vitamin C (I was obsessed with Lizzie McGuire); New York State of Mind/Billy Joel; Home/Michael Bublé
4. If you had to recommend one book, what would that be?
-The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. What is your favourite cuisine around the world?
-I’m always in the mood for Italian, but Indian is definitely a favorite!
6. What are the five things you would never leave home, if you were going on a big trip?
-A good book; my camera; Burt’s Bees chapstick; umbrella; a journal
7. Do you prefer the countryside or a big city?
-I was born and raised in NYC so I feel at ease in big cities…though I need some peace and quiet on retreats to the countryside
8. Which city would you recommend me to visit and why?
-Prague is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever been to. I also loved Verona!
9. What is the best thing about the place you live in?
-Best thing about New York: the people- it really is a melting pot of cultures
-Best thing about Paris: the ability to wander and never need to take the same street twice
10. Why did you decide to write a blog?
-As a way to scrapbook my experiences
11. If could only eat one thing forever what would that be?
-Apples with peanut butter (my two favorite things in the whole world)
My 11 Nominations Go To…
1. Tomato Kumato
2. The Coyote Thistle
3. Pitches and Pros
4. Diva Eats Italia
5. The Daring Gourmet
6. A Caffeinated Brunette
7. Jade Laughs a Lot
8. My French Heaven
9. Cooking for Keeps
10. Garnish with Lemon
11. From A to Zoe
I’m going to do my questions for you 11 a bit differently…This or That!
1. Coffee or tea
2. Mac and cheese or Ramen
3. Mac or PC
4. Chocolate or vanilla
5. 1940s or 1960s
6. Pizza: thin crust or deep dish
7. Bunny-sized elephant or elephant-sized bunny
8. Movie or TV show
9. Newman or Redford
10. #1 food you’re picky about
11. #1 movie of all time