I like to bake things for people on my hall, but I don’t like digging deep into my pocket for ingredients that I’ll be sharing with more than 30 other people. Call me cheap – I accept it.
I’ve been trying to buy only a limited number of ingredients anyway, so I needed to find a recipe for a fun Halloween-style snack that used limited ingredients.
The popcorn was a crowd pleaser. It was really sweet, but it’s Halloween, after all!
Apple Caramel Popcorn
9 cups of unsalted popped popcorn (about 3 bags of microwavable)
3/4 16 oz. container of caramel dip (I used Litehouse Old Fashioned Caramel Dip)
2 bags apple chips
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 300. Line two baking sheets with high edges with parchment paper.
2. Pop all of your popcorn. Empty into bowls (I had to use 3 large bowls).
3. Transfer caramel dip into microwavable bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds. Add cinnamon, and stir with rubber spatula until combined.
4. Evenly distribute caramel among popcorn bowls. Mix with rubber spatula until each batch is well-combined.
5. Lay an even layer of the caramel popcorn onto each baking sheet. Crush apple chips, and sprinkle on top. Add another layer of popcorn on top.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until slightly golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on pan, and transfer into serving dish or bowl.