In the more stressful times – and in times where you don’t see things going your way – it is important to remember the little things. The smell of fresh rain on concrete, the taste of the first ice cream of the season, the moments you see loved ones succeed. I’m trying to remember to appreciate the good things instead of dwelling on the bad. Here are some ways I do that:
1) Indulge. It’s ok to have a crème brûlée every once in a while. It won’t kill me.
2) Nature. Appreciate the vibrance of the colors in nature this time of year, and don’t overlook the beauty and simplicity of all of the green.
3) Sunlight. Sunlight gives me an extra jolt of energy. Embrace sitting outside and away from technology.
4) Simplicity. The Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina exude natural simplicity. It’s hard not to be completely wrapped up in its beauty.
5) Hard work. My dad tells me it doesn’t matter where you go to school or who you know. Hard work is the most important thing you can do to achieve your goals.